Popeyes Extra Crispy Chicken
Popeyes Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 cups oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup-Louisiana hot sauce,
- 1 1/2 cup-Italian dressing
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce(for spicy chicken only)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 table spoons "Emeralds Essence"
1. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. To Marinate: In a large glass dish or bowl, combine the Louisiana hot sauce,Italian dressing and mix together. Add chicken and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate to marinate for 20 minutes, turning a few times.NOTE:that this hot sauce marinade only flavors the chicken, it will not be spicy or too hot eat.
3. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together egg , milk (and if you want it extra spicy, Louisiana hot sauce). In a separate shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and Emeralds Essence . Remove chicken from marinade (discarding remaining marinade) and drain. One at a time, dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, then egg/milk mixture, then flour mixture again, making sure each piece is well coated. Stack coated pieces on a plate or cookie sheet.
4. Drop chicken, one piece at a time, into hot oil. Fry half of the chicken pieces (4 pieces) for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, then fry remaining pieces for the same amount of time. (Note: Stir chicken around halfway through the frying time, so that each piece cooks evenly). Drain fried chicken for about 5 minutes on paper towels or a wire cooling rack before serving.